Senior Data Engineer
Rio is looking for a talented Senior Data Engineer to join us.
The Data and Analytics (DNA) team owns data at Rio and drives intelligent business decision-making through analytical insights and advanced models.
The DNA team is seeking an exemplary data engineer to accelerate the company’s continuous growth and develop the next-generation platform for its data engineering.
As a senior data engineer, you bring your previous industry experience in infrastructure scaling to Rio and lead the development of a new infrastructure solution that will continue to perform with great stability and efficiency to support a fast scale. You will join a team of data engineers, data analysts, and data scientists. We are passionate about our mission to build the best products. We work hard and we also like to have fun.
- Lead the design and development of a next-gen infrastructure with great scalability and efficiency
- Partner with software engineers and build data pipelines to consume and refine application data
- Partner with data analysts to build data sources for reporting and analytical needs
- Partner with data scientists to evolve, optimize and integrate machine learning models
- Define data engineering standards and best practices and drive operational excellence
- Perform regular maintenance and optimization of the infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and ETL pipeline development
- Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of SQL
- Experience with big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Experience in coding and process automation
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience with analytical and visualization platforms (Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, etc.)